Certificate in the Practice of Organizational Leadership (CPOL)
This certificate programme is for women religious already in leadership positions in their congregations. It consists of three modules, each with a 5-day residential workshop and a weekend review after six months, offered over a period of three years. The modules do not have to be taken in chronological order although it would be the best option.
The modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Developing the Leader Within
- Module 2: Creating a Faith-filled Congregational Culture
- Module 3: Leadership for Mission
By participating in this programme you will:
- Deepen your faith and self-awareness as a leader
- Learn new ways for you and your team to make decisions, solve problems and promote dialogue
- Develop approaches and competencies to address challenges within your congregation, the Church and society
- Enable your founding charism to respond more effectively in the African context
There is a deeper bonding and sharing that is taking place among us as we go from one module to another. I can also feel that there is not only individual growth, but also growth in the group as a whole – a collective maturing of convictions and of commitment.
– past participant
The programme is funded by Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, which is committed to partnering CLM to establish a local programme for sisters in congregational leadership. The first module of the local programme will launch in April, 2017. All accommodation costs will be covered by the fund.
Short Term Programmes
PDCL is available to develop leadership programmes on request to meet emerging needs for congregational teams, formation team building and local community leaders. To request a programme, email us using the contact page.