Creating a Faith-filled Congregational Culture – Module 2 of the Certificate in the Practice of Organizational Leadership (CPOL)
- Location: Dimesse Retreat and Conference Centre, Karen Rd. Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
- Cost: Free (thanks to a generous grant from Conrad N Hilton Foundation)
This programme is open to sisters in congregational leadership and their team members.
Purpose of Programme: To encourage and promote congregational leadership that is committed to building a vibrant, life-giving, faith-filled community
By participating in this programme you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the role of different congregational leadership positions
- Understand different styles of leadership and different team models
- Develop tools and understanding to aid living and working in community with members of many different backgrounds
- Become aware of the external and internal characteristics of culture and how they impact you and those you work with
- Integrate your cultural values with the culture of Jesus and of the Congregation and deepen your commitment to intercultural ministry
- Acquire skills in managing conflict and confrontation
- Experience as a Resource
- The Effective Leadership Practices of Provincials and Councilors
- Intercultural Living in a Religious Congregation
- Theological Reflection
- Managing Conflict and Caring Confrontation
- Effective Communication and Feedback
- Contemplative Dialogue
- Compassion and Forgiveness in a Religious Congregation
The sisters facilitating Module 2 are experienced congregational leaders, with either current or past experience of being in congregational leadership at different levels throughout Africa. They’ve completed leadership training offered by Faith and Praxis International and DePaul University – Vincent on Leadership: The Hay Project .
The programme is funded by Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, which is committed to partnering CLM to establish a locally developed programme for sisters in congregational leadership. All accommodation costs will be covered by the fund.
To apply, contact either: Sr. Loretta Brennan at <firstname.lastname@example.org> +254 733 247117 or Sr. Vicenta Javier at <email@example.com>+254 713 898964 to get a letter of invitation with the necessary information and an application that you submit in Google Form.