Developing the Leader Within – Module 1 of the Certificate in the Practice of Organizational Leadership (CPOL)
- Dates: 31 July to 6 August 2019
- Location: Dimesse Retreat and Conference Centre, Karen Rd. Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
- Cost: Free (thanks to a generous grant from Conrad N Hilton Foundation)
This programme is open to sisters in congregational leadership and their team members.
By participating in this programme you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the dynamic nature of your congregation and its context
- Learn a framework for analyzing a situation or challenge without judgment
- Learn to address different expectations of generations living in community
- Better understand and avoid the dysfunctions that can cripple team effectiveness
- Grow in self-awareness and team effectiveness
- Understand the positive interaction of authority and power
- Congregation as an open living system
- Transformative experience framework: as an analytical tool
- Generational leadership: views, values and styles
- Teams: stages of development and overcoming dysfunction
- Growing in self-awareness as a leader: personality development and learning styles
- Growing in self-awareness as a team: wisdom as emotional intelligence
- Issues of power and authority
The sisters facilitating Module 1 are experienced congregational leaders, with either current or past experience of being in congregational leadership at different levels throughout Africa. They’ve completed leadership training offered by Faith and Praxis International and DePaul University – Vincent on Leadership: The Hay Project .
The programme is funded by Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, which is committed to partnering CLM to establish a locally developed programme for sisters in congregational leadership. All accommodation costs will be covered by the fund.
For registration download the form (107 KB Word file) and send it in OR fill out the online form below.